Isla Elizabeth, 7 years (May 20th)
This past year. A few things about her.
- Learned to swim and ride a bike last summer.
- She could easily read her own birthday cards this year (no longer needs Mom or Dad’s help).
- Her first grade teacher gave each student an individual award at the end of the year, she received the “handsome handwriting” award.
- Has finally mastered shoe tying. 🙂
- Lost and grew 6 teeth.
- Can put her hair in a ponytail (and add lots of clips – reference photos above).
- Learned how to do a backbend from standing. And can do a pretty mean round off.
- Says she wants to be a hairdresser or a person that draws the pictures in books or a clothes designer or a person who works with dolphins when she grows up (she’s obviously still trying to figure it out 🙂 ).
- On any notebook or scrap paper, she normally draws dresses or outfits.
- She’s messy, but likes perfection.
- Climbs or jumps on anything, anywhere (this has been true since birth).
- Ultimate goal, wherever we go, is to make friends.
- She wanted a 100 layer cake for her birthday, but she’d still be ok with 99. We settled on sprinkles instead.
- I can still carry her, but not with ease.
- She’s clever and witty. And quickly spouts off one liners when needed.
- She loves lipstick.
- Likes to rearrange her room.
- Loves music.
- She still likes to sneak into Mom and Dad’s bed at night.
- Holding her hand is one of my favorite things to do.
The life and energy you bring to our everyday is more beautiful than we could’ve ever imagined! Wishing we could bottle a little piece of you up right now and keep it forever . . .
(birthday day and recent photos via iphone & Nikon // the video is from a few months ago)