I was trying to come up with something simple yet useful to give to a few of my favorite gal pals for Valentine’s Day. As I was making some taco seasoning for our family one day last week, I thought why not “spice things up” for them as well. Smile. It’s something that can be put to good use and oh how I love anything that I can put in a small jar.
I’m sure most taco seasoning recipes are fairly similar but I’ve used the one in Danielle Walker’s Against All Grain – Meals Made Simple cookbook for the past couple of years now. I love the authentic taste of it so much more than the prepackaged seasonings I used to buy.
Danielle’s Taco Seasoning Recipe:
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sea salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 to 3 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl and store in a jar for up to 6 months. Makes about 1/2 cup.