Supplies & Materials:
- a stiff felt (I used these that I had leftover from another project, but any stiffer felt will work. You don’t need much at all. Also, see note below.)
- small faux pearl beads (I used these but in an off white/ ecru. You can find these at any craft store in the jewelry making section.)
- flat alligator clip (2.25 inches or smaller) (A pack of these can be found at your local craft store or on amazon for a couple of dollars and I find all sorts of uses for them.)
- bunny and ear template – bunnytemplate.pdf
- hot glue
- a clear drying craft glue, fabric glue, or an industrial glue (like e6000)
- a pen or pencil
* Chipboard or a heavyweight cardstock could also be used instead of felt. Leave as is or paint whichever color you prefer before proceeding with the steps below.
- Print & cut out bunny and inner ear template.
- Trace templates. Trace templates onto your felt or chosen material. Then cut out.
- Glue. Glue inner ears to the bunny and then glue beads. I used a fabric glue and completed sections at a time – the head and then the body. Use a substantial amount of glue. You may want to have a tweezers handy to place and move the beads. I just used the tip of my pencil. 🙂 Once all of your beads are in place, go back over the beads with glue filling in the gaps.
- Let dry. This is the longest and most important step. Let the bunny dry overnight before moving.
- Add clip. Make sure all of your beads are secure, flip the bunny over and then hot glue your alligator clip onto the middle of the underside of your bunny.
The End! You have a really sweet and simple accessory for Easter Day or any day. It took less than fifteen minutes to make and even better, the hardest part was waiting for it to dry. The key to keeping it simple and low cost is to adjust the design according to the supplies you have around the house. This clip would be lovely a variety of ways using a variety of supplies. What about a little brown bunny accented with a patterned fabric instead of the pearls and a little bow on its neck!
Enjoy and Happy Easter!